Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Penguin of M(eriden)adagascar



Visit #921, Saturday 20 December 14, 8:30AM-12:00PM, 5.2 miles.
Temps in the high 30's, cloudy.

Sorry for the dearth of photos this week; I left my camera at home.

I continued my work toward completing my 5 Year Plan. I had about 200 yards of roadside to clear from the north end of Merimere Reservoir up to the sharp bend in the road where the ascent to Castle Craig/West Peak begins. I brought my loppers and chainsaw. In the process, I felled a couple smaller trees hanging low over the road.

I also picked up a surprising amount of trash despite the road being closed since November. I imagine much of it was uncovered as the leaves blew around.


While picking up trash I also came across my Find of the Week:



I can't explain it; I just pick it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment