Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Have Paint, Will Travel


The clouds and sky tell the story; it was a day so glorious you needed to just sit and look stupid.

Visit #1097, Saturday 9 September 17, 2:30-4:30PM, 2.2 miles.

After last week's graffiti hunting expedition, I thought I'd better check on the rocks at West Peak which have repeatedly been covered in graffiti in the past few years.

Unfortunately, I was not disappointed.

(Interesting side note: I was at Walmart on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington this week. In the hardware section, the spray paint is behind glass, under lock and key. Gee; I wonder why?...)

I was on-call, so rather than hike to West Peak, I drove. This enabled me to carry two different colors of paint, a bonus.

Here's what I found.



These genius graffiti artists must be new to the practice for they actually put both first and last names up. I wonder if Canty and Olivia should get a visit from the local constabulary...




I had to plan the order of painting so I wouldn't paint myself into a corner.







After the painting was complete, I returned and policed the parking lot and trails of trash. Then drove over to Castle Craig.

Why?

I'd previously covered over some graffiti on the klieg lights at Castle Craig, even though 2 of the housings no longer contained lamps. I mentioned that maybe they would look better if I completely painted them. Well, now was as good a time as any.






Not complete jobs but better than nothing.

Afterwards I cleaned up the parking lot and surrounding area. Since I drove up to Castle Craig, I was able to take my trash bags with me.


But I wasn't done for the weekend.

While at Castle Craig on Saturday, I spotted graffiti on the electrical transformer cabinet. I didn't feel like opening my paint can again and totally forgot I had other means to remove it. So I returned on Sunday with spray paint to finish off what I started.





During today's drive to the peaks, I got a pleasant surprise.


This new sign is PERFECT. I can't tell you the number of people I've had to direct to the correct peak. My compliments To Chris Bourdon and the Parks Department for the sign.

The question is, was it installed with tamper-proof bolts...

I leave you this week with another photo that should prompt you to just sit and look stupid.


No comments:

Post a Comment