Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Take Me To The Bridge!



I took it to the bridge too, I just didn't do it as cool as James Brown. He's got more moves than a game of chess!

Visit #1163, Sunday 21 October 18, 8:40-11:25AM. 3.6 miles.
Temps in the high 40's, partly sunny.

After cleaning up all that graffiti last week, I had this suspicion our graffiti vandal might return to the walkbridge over I-691. So this week I took it straight to the bridge when I began my weekly hike.

Unfortunately, I was right.



While I continue to develop my graffiti removal techniques, my existing toolbox of tricks served me well today.


Here you can see how the Goof Off, while effective at "softening" the graffiti, clogs the sandpaper.

Nevertheless, I got the job done in better time that last week.



Onward.


I hiked up the trails to East Peak and Castle Craig, taking some scenic photos along the way.



Yeah; the fall colors look as good in person as they do in the pics. And the only way to really enjoy them is to get out among the colors!

After I descended from Castle Craig, I hiked past the upper end of the Yellow Trail, and spotted this:


Someone thought they were doing the right thing by bundling their KFC into a bag and leaving it on that rock. Believe it or not, that bag must have weighed near ten pounds. I had to open a thirty gallon trash bag so it would fit with the litter I'd already collected.

I continued on past the Halfway House, down to Merimere Reservoir, and back to the parking lot.


Get up! Stay on the scene! Take me to the bridge! (Maybe next week...)

No comments:

Post a Comment