Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Daffodiliness

 

The Daffodil Festival is in full-tilt mode. Parking was at a premium. The smart hiker gets in early.

Visit #1364, Saturday 23 April 22, 6:55-9:45AM, 5.7 miles, 7.6lbs. of litter.

Temps in the mid-50's, sunny.

With the Daffodil Festival going on in Hubbard Park, if I had any hope of finding a parking spot Saturday morning, I had better get there early. And I did. Other than vendors, the park was mostly empty and I found plenty of room at the northwest corner of Mirror Lake.

I had received a report of one of my detractors memorializing me on a trail. I went on a Search and Destroy mission to find it.

No matter who it disparages, it's ugly and has to go.


This was done on another birch tree. I removed it as well.

Walking across the I-691 walkbridge, I found some new graffiti. I was able to remove it quite easily.


I found Season of the Missing Glove 2021/22, Entry #16, Mitten Edition.


As part of the Daffodil Festival activities, there was to be a 5k road race on Sunday. When I reached Merimere Reservoir, I turned my attention to the road and walked north on the route of the road race, cleaning up the road in advance of the event. At least I THINK it ran up the road as it usually does!

I reached  roughly the turnaround point for the race and retraced my steps back toward the park.
Enroute I found a pair of jeans. I'd love to hear how someone managed to forget their pants...


Returning to the park and following the trail back to my vehicle, I found this newly fallen tree. With the festival in effect, I'm not going to be using a chainsaw so close to the park. I'll wait until the festival closes to remove it.


There will be no parking allowed within Hubbard Park next weekend so if you want to enjoy the quietude of the trails, find an alternative parking spot outside the park, or take one of the shuttles to the park and after your hike, refill your tank with any of the food for sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment