Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Mosquit"noes"

 

You certainly didn't have to pony up ten bucks on Sunday morning.

Visit #1372, Sunday 19 June 22, 7:25-9:55AM, 4.4 miles, 3.3 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low 70s, sunny, dry, and breezy.

Earlier this week Meriden had a couple very hot, humid days. If conditions continued on to the weekend, I expected mosquito activity would be high on the trails.

Instead, Sunday was more like late August/early September; just a glorious morning, and no mosquitoes.

I hiked west toward the I-691 walkbridge to remove a small tree leaning into the trail.


At the walkbridge over I-691, I found the American flags are back after a long hiatus. I presume the Harrison family is behind the revival. Just in time for the coming Independence Day holiday.


Up at West Peak, I took in the view of the Meriden-Markham Airport in South Meriden.

Even the road from West Peak was a tunnel of trees. It was as pleasant  and peaceful as it looks.


Returning to the park, I passed a lot of new graffiti. I was able to remove most of it.







My graffiti remover wasn't effective on this last one.  I'll return next week to deal with it properly.


I ended my hike with nary one mosquito bite. However, there's still plenty of summer ahead of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment