Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Boomerang

 Visit #1381, Sunday 21 August 22, 6:45-10:55AM, 5.5 miles, 4.7lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 70s rising to near 90; early morning dense clouds but clearing and sunny in an hour or two.

Trees are starting to change color in Hubbard Park; that means cooler temps, right? Apparently Mother Nature is getting her weather cues mixed up.

While last week the heat wave broke and I enjoyed more pleasant weather, this week was an about-face with the heat and humidity attempting to cling to summer power. I arrived early at Hubbard Park but there was no beating the heat this weekend.

As I left the parking lot and passed the playscape I noticed the new, additional Little Library. It was featured in the Meriden Record-Journal's Photo section last week. I can't link to any article, so I've reprinted what I could, and added my photo to the published photo. Hope the lawyers don't coming knockin'!


Susan Martel, of Meriden, creates a puzzle-themed design on the side of a new little library nearing completion at Gallery 53 in Meriden on Tuesday. The little library, constructed by Joe Glorioso of Meriden, will be packed with puzzles instead of books and installed near the playground at Hubbard Park in Meriden. Photos by Dave Zajac, Record-Journal

As I walked around Merimere Reservoir and elsewhere today, I kept encountering graffiti, which slowed me down from performing my planned work as I tried to remove all of it.





This rock I merely flipped over to hide the graffiti; I was lazy!


Not this one, however.












Phew! Now that THAT is over...

As our drought conditions continue, the Merimere Reservoir alligator is beginning to resemble a whale.


Perhaps you were guessing, from all the photos of my polesaw that this was was another roadside trail trimming session. Well Sherlock, you'd be right! And if you were guessing this was Week "N", you were doubly right.


I have wisened up with all this heat and now bring TWO waterbottles with me. It's much more enjoyable when I'm properly hydrated.

After an hour of trimming I went about my way to the last task of the day.

I reported last week finding this fallen tree branch encroaching upon the trail.

I brought a separate limbing saw to trim it back.



Hopefully in the coming weeks the weather will do another about-face and return to cooler, drier conditions.



2 comments:

  1. Not sure how this defacing Trump fan thinks spray-painting all over our park is going to win him any favor. He does help prove the point that Trump supporters are idiots though, so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and I agree; graffiti defacing the park and at the same time endorsing someone in fact, ANYONE, won't win him any fans, and place the politician in low regard. In some cases the politician doesn't need any help! Thanks for reading the blog.

    ReplyDelete