Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2022

A Bomb Cyclone Christmas

 A Bomb Cyclone hit the U.S. Friday night, with temperatures dropping faster than cryptocurrency shares.

I hope Santa has heated seats on his sleigh tonight.


Visit #1401, Saturday 24 December 22, 12:35-3:10PM, 3.4 miles, 23.8lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low teens, sunny with light to moderate wind.

Early morning temps were in the single digits. Heck with early out the door; I waited until noon to squeeze all the heat out of the sun that I could manage.

But to tell the truth, once in the woods and on the trails, there was a wind break and conditions improved.

I spent my second consecutive week on the slopes below Castle Craig, cleaning up litter tossed over the wall. I am pleased to announce I completed both sides of the trail, a first for me.

Yeah, it's that steep.

Along the way I found Season of the Missing Glove 2022/23, entries #2 and #3.


The high winds of the Bomb Cyclone brought down hundreds of small branches, and a couple trees as well.

I was able to snap off enough branches to make it passable underneath.


There were more. I shall return in the near future with my chainsaw on a Power Tool Weekend® and clean things up.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment