Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Come Along With Me

 Visit #1410, Saturday 11 February 23, 9:35-11:45AM, 4.2 miles, 7.2 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the high 30s, sunny with a sharp, cold breeze.

As mentioned last week, I discovered another fallen tree on the Green Trail down near Merimere Reservoir and this week I would remove it.

I decided to give my chainsaw a rest and instead used my comealong which was in need of some love; just in time for Valentine's Day!

This was a straightforward job.




Roughly ten minute's work, with no chainsaw noise or the maintenance afterwards.

Once back over on the trails on the other side of I-691, I veered toward the trail leading to West Main Street. Good thing I did; I found another tree needing comealong love. You can see the gate in the background.

Here's a result of that love.

At the little parking spot, I collected my Find of the Week.

This roughly 8 x 10 foot blue tarp has spent some years buried as determined by the difficulty with which I had removing it. Fortunately I was able to fold it compactly enough to fit in a large trash bag.

But in the "Wrong Tool For The Job" department, it seems I SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT MY CHAINSAW TODAY. For, shortly after turning around and hiking a trail I seldom visit, I found a fallen tree which needs more than a comealong.

Which means next week will be a Power Tool Weekend®!

Until then...



No comments:

Post a Comment