Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Now That's More Like It

 

Truly enjoyable weather today. No sense in looking back; spring is ahead of us.

Visit #1416, Sunday 26 March 23, 8:35-10:35AM, 4.8 miles, 4.9 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 40s rising to the 50s, sunny with strong breezes from the south.

The winds from the south carried me around Merimere Reservoir.

This large piece of styrofoam I found wanted to fly away like a kite. To keep it from doing so, I pinned it under a traffic cone at the water treatment plant.

Every once in a while I find something which makes all my looking down and picking up litter worth it.

Today it was an unopened can of Coke®!


I picked up a trail at the north end of the reservoir and while hiking up, found two fallen trees.
I won't be able to remove these trees until Easter Weekend. Thank you for your patience.



At Castle Craig, I found the cover over the flagpole winch has been partially removed. I have some plans to remedy this but I will have to take some measurements. We'll see.


The warm temps brought out a lot of hikers today. Good weather indeed.


I went home and replenished my energy stores with a sandwich. Guess what I washed it down with?


Next week I'll be working with the Hubbard Park Special Projects Unit. Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment