Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2023

Better Late Than Never

 

The hands of a working man.

Visit #1437, Sunday 20 August 23, 5:00-6:10PM, 2.9 miles, 4.1 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 80s, sunny with moderate humidity.

I had to work all day Saturday and Sunday at my regular job so my typical early morning hikes in Hubbard Park weren't going to happen. I was concerned I wouldn't have enough gas in the tank after Sunday's nine hour work session to pull off a hike. Well, better late than never...

In my regular job I install and service two-way radio equipment. Invariably at this time of year the school bus companies call in a panic desperate to have radios installed or serviced so their fleets are ready for the new school year. This never ceases to amaze me as they have all summer to get the work done. I suppose it's better late than never here too, and I make some extra money in the process.

So after nine hours installing radios in Waterbury I drove directly to Hubbard Park for a short hike and to see what goodies I could find.

How about someone's er, retirement fund?

I also found what is either a dog harness or a piece of bondage gear. Or perhaps both?

If it's bondage gear, I wouldn't know how to put it on-would you? 😉

I returned to the parking lot and photographed my bag of litter. Now I know what you're wondering-where's his backpack-it's not in the photo!

That's because there were yellow jackets all around and I wasn't wasting any time posing for photos!

I didn't even have a few safe seconds to properly position my trash bag.

I leave you with this apropos comic from For Better or Worse.



No comments:

Post a Comment