Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Okay; THIS WEEK is the Super Bowl!

 I was graciously corrected by a couple blog readers as to my blunder.

Visit #1465, Super Bowl Sunday, 11 February 24, 8:15-10:25AM, 4.4 miles, 17.0 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 30s, cloudy yet comfortable.

Remember the "Airpods Found" Sign I discovered last week, taped to the kiosk? I was informed that it was posted several weeks ago, so I intended to remove it this week as it has performed its purpose long enough.

I hiked over to the kiosk to find it was already removed.

Back at the parking lot, you may also remember I removed several strings of Christmas lights left too long on a tree. In the process, I broke one of the strings therefore a short length was still attached to the top of the tree, too high to reach from the ground.

Not this week.

Got 'em.


I had only been at it for twenty minutes or so and my trash bag was full. So were the trash cans in Hubbard Park so I schlepped my first trash bag over to the dumpster at the parks maintenance facility.

While there I met parks employee Rob, who was performing Sunday duties.

I asked him if he was going to watch the Super Bowl.

"Oh yeah".

I then asked if he's got all his food.

"I'm having pulled pork, shrimp cocktail, fire in the fireplace, my wife, and my dog. I"m all set."

I assume he doesn't plan to eat the fire, wife or dog.

At Merimere Reservoir, whatever work they have going on appears to be continuing as the traffic cones are across the road.


But while the gate is closed this week vs. open last week, it is only "faux locked".


In the spirit of upcoming Valentine's Day, I kept finding little reminders, which I removed to best of my curmudgeonly ability.




Back over the I-691 walkbridge, I spotted this unusual tape wrapped around a tree, which I removed. I sure hope it wasn't there for some official reason!


I also found this strategically placed chocolate. I was tempted to partake of it, and it was labeled Lindt so it probably was legit, but my common sense over-rode my stomach.


Last, I found a home made walking stick which I deposited in the dumpster along with my second bag of trash.


Now go get your own pulled pork and shrimp cocktail for the Super Bowl. I'm SURE it's this Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment