Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Back In The Saddle

Visit #801, Saturday 15 June 13, 12:15-2:30PM, 3.5 miles.
Temps in the low 80's, sunny, dry, and pleasant.



After spending the last 6 days in the hospital, I didn't have the energy to execute any grand plans. I did however, have some painting promised from my last post which I wanted to complete.

There was some recently commissioned graffiti at the Halfway House which I wanted to "decommission".





After:





I killed time while the paint dried by tidying up the area inside the Halfway House. Must've been a wild time or some cheap condoms. Either way, looks like they were prepared:


Rain from the past week dropped a number of trees or branches. I managed to move them without tools or drama:



Here's the rest of the tree:

Back over I-691, this branch fell across the trail. I watched the couple in the background confound their way over it and knew it had to be moved now, if I could. I wrestled it trailside.



When I started today's session, the gate across the Soap Box Derby Track was closed, and presumably locked. However, upon finishing my hike, I found the gate open, which it never is. Just an FYI to the Parks Department. Maybe the lock is gone?
(Addendum: I rode through the park on my bike Sunday morning and found the gate properly locked.)


Turns out I'm not the only one picking up trash in the park. While crossing the walkbridge over I-691, I met a woman who saw me picking up trash and she commented having picked up 6 cans last week. Good for her.








No comments:

Post a Comment