Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Timing Is Everything (Almost)


We didn't quite make it.

Visit #1112, Saturday 9 December 17, 9:45-10:40AM, 1.6 miles.
Temps in the 30's with snow that was SUPPOSED to begin in the afternoon.

Thanks to Paul Bernier for joining me, not fearing what the weather might bring.

Once a year I like to clean the slope adjacent to I-691 and the playscape of litter people toss over the fence. I didn't expect any problems completing the task because it wasn't going to start snowing until the afternoon.

At least that's what I thought.

It started to snow just before we arrived at Hubbard Park but I figured it was just a tease. Well, a tease turned into a taunt then a torment. Snow quickly covered the ground making it difficult to see any trash that might be there.  We altered our plans and walked around the retention ponds and the Soap Box Derby track.


 We returned to the park and took our bags of litter over to the dumpster at the Parks Department facility.

If the snow melts during the week, perhaps we'll pick up next week where we left off today.


No comments:

Post a Comment