Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2018

WTF! (With The Flu)


My flu treatment supplies.

The beer-it's a joke, okay?!, it was NOT part of my flu treatment!

Visit #1172, Sunday 23 December 18, 9:30-11:40AM, 4.7 miles.
Temps in the low 40's, sunny.

I was home from work with the flu for THE ENTIRE WEEK. WTF?! Too close to Christmas. It would be poor form for me to go to work and infect my coworkers, especially in front of the holiday. I became intimate with my couch, hoping I'd feel better by the time the weekend rolled around.

On Wednesday I visited my doctor, not for a cure-all but for an excuse for my employer.

True story: I said to my doctor, "I'm here for a prescription for a rock; a rock to crawl under until this blows over. I couldn't find any over-the-counter rocks, so I came to you."

She got a laugh over that. I coughed.

Well, the weekend rolled around and I still wasn't quite feeling chipper, but I WAS going stir crazy and my couch kicked me out of the house for a few hours. Hopefully, the fresh air would do me some good.

It didn't do my camera any good; it malfunctioned so I lost most of the photos I took on Sunday. WTF?!

I walked the road from the gate, around Merimere Reservoir, and up to the fork in the road between East/West Peak. I collected so much litter (WTF?!, this was unexpected due to the time of year.) and due to the upcoming holiday, didn't want to leave it at the fork in the road for later pickup by the Meriden Parks Department. So I carried it all the way over I-691 and back to the park.


The hike didn't seem to improve my symptoms but it felt good to get some fresh air and feel some warm sun.

Remember; the days get longer from here on. Happy Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment