Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Eradicated


I was on the hunt this week to seek out and remove graffiti sprayed by paintball players.

Visit #1208, Sunday 25 August 19, 7:00-9:15AM, 3.0miles, 8.0lbs. of trash.
Temps in the mid-60's, sunny and dry-don't forget puffy clouds, too!

Last week I discovered paintballers had delineated a field of play in Hubbard Park using day-glo orange spray paint. I would spend most of my time this week trying to cover up the graffiti.

I came loaded for bear, with SIX cans of spray paint.


In the end, I preferred gray over brown and will stick to gray after I use up my brown supply.

Enroute to the field of play, I found this small rock with unusual painting on both sides. Aliens?



No time to ponder that; I had A LOT of work to do.

Here's a couple sample Before and After shots.





There were way too many trees tagged to count as I stopped at twelve, but I did use up three cans of paint and it took me an hour, which should tell you something.

Done with that, I headed to the walkbridge over I-691 to remove a padlock on the fencing which I spotted last week.


This was a tough character, as I had to hold on to the fence with one hand, and operate my boltcutters with the other hand.

I thought I was successful...


...but my celebration didn't last long.

See, just after I cut that lock down, I spotted another one, and it was going to be incredibly clumsy and cumbersome to continue with my one-handed method. Fortunately, a couple hikers came along and I asked one to support my back while stood on the kneel wall and cut the second lock down.

And then the hiker found another, and another, and...


This was getting to be a replay of my experience in June.

There was one lock I could not reach, which will mean sleepless nights until next weekend.

Until then...




No comments:

Post a Comment