Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Lollipop, Lollipop


 Today's route was shaped like today's title.

Visit #1282, Sunday 13 December 20, 8:45AM-12:45PM, 7.1 miles, 14.2lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 40's, rising to the 50's and sun breaking through the fog.

After discovering several downed trees and limbs on one trail, I returned this week with my chainsaw to clear that trail, and while I had the saw with me, I would inspect another trail to maximize efficiency.

Dense fog to start but it wasn't cold. By the time I reached the north end of Merimere Reservoir the sun was trying to break through and it was time to shed some layers.


At this point my trash bag was getting heavy so I left it here to pick up on the return trip and opened another bag.


What follows are a bunch of Before and After photos of all the fallen trees and limbs I encountered today, so you know I wasn't slacking off.















On the return leg, back to the park, I did pick up that first trash bag.

Walking under the I-691 underpass near the Soap Box Derby track, I discovered some new graffiti, over graffiti I'd previously painted over.


We may never know what they were hoping. I hope I can return next week to clean it up.

On a nearby tree, a Missing Persons bulletin was posted by the Berlin Police Department.


I dropped off my litter for the week at the trash cans adjacent to the playscape. What I was surprised to see was the number of children and parents WITHOUT MASKS congregating within the area. Even I put a mask on as I approached the fence to take my last photograph, out of courtesy to playscape users.

Not good.




No comments:

Post a Comment