Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Mother Nature Dictates

 


Wednesday/Thursday's snowfall put a dent in my plans. The generals got together and came up with a "Plan B".

Visit #1283, Sunday 20 December 20, 11:25AM-12:35PM, 2.5 miles, 10.6lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low 30's, cloudy with a light snow developing.

Had I been able to see the ground, I would have followed through with my original plans. 9-12" of snow put the kabosh on that.

I was on-call anyway so I was going to stick close to the park.

Last week I discovered some new graffiti on the underpass adjacent to the Soap Box Derby track. Regardless of the cold temperatures and how it might affect paint curing, I set about to cover the graffiti.


With a three-inch brush this job took under ten minutes.


I returned to my van and dropped off the paint supplies. Then I decided to walk all the roads in Hubbard Park and pick up litter.

While making the rounds I found Season of the Missing Glove 2020/21, entry #3.


Near the bandshell, sledding was popular.


After discovering the Boy Scout project trail map/board near the playscape had been replaced with a pre-fab kiosk, I was curious to see if the other one at the northwest corner of Mirror Lake was also replaced. Today I got my answer.


Geese and pigeons had no interest in sledding. I suspect the fact they didn't have any sleds was a factor.


This guy didn't need a plate at the All You Can Eat buffet.


Wishful thinking on Sunday.


"Sir, from this lineup, can you identify the pigeon that crapped on your head?"


I finished making the rounds and dropped off my trash for the week.


A light snow began to fall around the time I finished for the day.

If the weather holds for the week, I'll be able to return to Plan A on Christmas weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment