Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Credit Where Credit Is Due

 

It was another roadside-trimming day. And what a beautiful day it was.

Visit #1386, Sunday 18 September 22, 7:00-11:00AM, 5.7 miles, 16.6 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low 60s rising to the low 80s today, sunny.

As I started walking around Merimere Reservoir early Sunday morning I come upon this:

Where it came from and what it is, is a mystery. Too heavy to put in my trash bag, I stuck it in my backpack instead. It would not end the day alone.

Whatever rain we had last week did not succeed in hiding the Merimere Reservoir alligator.

As I started uphill, I noticed the traffic sign warning of the sharp curve ahead was beginning to be obscured by brush. I put a halt to that by trimming back the brush.


I wonder if I should send a bill for my work to the Meriden Police Department after all; their name is on the sign!

It was while trimming that a woman passed by, said good morning, then during a brief chat she told me her story:

She used to regularly walk up to Castle Craig and as a result, lost a whopping 90lbs.! Five months ago she had foot surgery which derailed her routine. Today was her first day back on track. She lives by the motto printed on the back of her sweatshirt; "Live Full, Die Empty". She gets credit for her attitude, and her dedication.

Finished with trimming, I hiked up toward West Peak. Enroute I found company in my backpack for the blue plastic ring already inside.

I guess this air inflator stopped inflating.

I followed today's route because earlier this week I was informed of a couple newly fallen trees on the Blue Trail leading down from West Peak. I wanted to eyeball these trees to see what it would take to remove them.

Both are definitely big.


To add to the workload, as I exited the trail I found yet something else which needs cutting.

So next week will be a Power Tool Weekend®, Big Guns Edition! Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment