Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2023

A Summer One-Eighty


 What a pleasant morning, and what a difference a week makes, weather-wise.

Visit #1433, Sunday 23 July 23, 5:45-7:35AM, 3.3 miles, 4.5 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low 60s, sunny and dry.

The last two weeks have been rough with either steamy, high temperatures and sun or steamy high temperatures and rain. Sunday morning greeted me with late August conditons; sunny, cool, and dry, with a slight breeze, Ahhh, relief!

I had to hike early for I was to meet a subcontractor at my house early Sunday morning for renovation work, which is why I struck out to Hubbard Park before the sun rose.

I can almost umderstand how people can forget a clothing item and leave it in the park, but a bicycle?

Trust me; this early in the morning there was no one around that could claim it was theirs.

Walking up the road toward Merimere Reservoir, I decided some roadside trimming was in order.

Not quite visible in the Before/After photos, although you can see the cut foliage on the ground in the second pic.


I performed much more trimming today, especially thorn bushes.

Even after reaching the walkbridge over I-691, I saw the sun hadn't quite risen enough to brighten Meriden.

On the far side of the walkbridge I found some graffiti on the bollards. I spent more time getting the sandpaper out of my backpack than I did actually sanding the graffiti.





Trying to fill out my "two hour minimum" in the park I spent some time cleaning up around a picnic table where it was obvious to me a birthday party was recently held. That's where most of this week's litter came from.




No comments:

Post a Comment