Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2023

A Wet One Indeed

 

It's late morning and the parking lot at Hubbard Park was empty, except for me. Where were all the fun hogs?!

Visit #1432, Sunday 16 July 23, 11:00AM-12:20PM, 3.7 miles, 2.0 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low 80s, very humid and raining. A tornado warning was in effect.

This rain wasn't going to let up all day. It was so warm a rain coat was not needed even if you were soaking wet. Ask me how I know.

Even I have my limits; today was no day for long hikes or tree trimming. I hiked a short loop.

Crossing over I-691 it was plainly obvious it was a wet day.


The trails were not any different.


The Halfway House was good shelter from the storm.

And to keep things interesting, for me at least, was a Find of the Week, a hefty steel chisel.

There are some days even I wish for winter. This was one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment