Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2023

At the Crack of Dawn

 

The sun was just beginning to rise over Meriden when I arrived at Castle Craig Sunday morning.

Visit #1443, Sunday 17 September 23, 6:50-9:50AM, 2.5 miles, 7.7 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 50s to start, rising quickly to more enjoyable numbers, sunny.

I snuck in to Hubbard Park early, ahead of the hiking crowds, to avoid inquisitive eyes while I painted over some graffiti brought to my attention two weeks ago by another hiker. Seems she saw a posting on social media where the graffiti appeared in the background. I found the graffiti less visible in person than on a computer screen, but decided to cover over it anyway.

Yeah well; it may be old and faded but on second thought it is an eyesore.

The paint will dry to a flat finish and be less noticeable.

That task completed, I took the time to police the parking lot and surrounding area of litter.

Then I hustled myself over to West Peak where I continued with my roadside trimming.

I'm now heading away from West Peak and have maybe another half mile of roadside to trim and my project will be complete!

While trimming I noticed some graffiti on this telephone pole. I wasn't about to break out the brown paint again but remembered I had red spray paint in my backpack for marking my progress with the roadside trimming, so I used it. No Before photo, and I may return with a more discreet color at a later date.


I was done with my work and back at the park before the gate was opened for vehicles!




No comments:

Post a Comment