Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Project Complete!

 Visit #1453, Saturday, 25 November 23, 7:30-9:30AM, mileage n/a, litter < 1lb.

Temps in the high 20s/low 30s, sunny.

I was so close to finishing my project, started 2 1/2 years ago, of trimming roadside branches along the road to East and West Peak, that I abandoned hiking and drove up to complete the last hundred yards or so.

My project's finishing point was where the road diverges to East/West Peak. It also happened to be the location of one of the signs posted for last week's 3 Peak Challenge. It seems they forgot to remove ALL the signs posted along the route, and missed this one. Doh! No problemo; I removed it.


While finishing my project near this spot, Meriden Parks Department employee Rob Zebora happened by. He was heading up to Castle Craig to lower the flag to half staff in memory of First Lady Rosalyn Carter, who passed away this week at the age of 92.

During our chat, Rob noted the two trees along the road around Merimere Reservoir which had fallen. He was concerned they would make plowing the road difficult should it snow, and planned to notify the proper department to have them removed from the road.

I told him to not bother; I would take care of them on the return trip.






Quality work at volunteer prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment