Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Back On The Slopes

 

Different slope, different week.

Visit #1461, Sunday 14 January 24, 8:25-11:00AM, 3.3 miles, 7.6 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 30s, sunny and comfortable except for the biting wind. Much colder temperatures are expected in the week ahead.

Last week I cleaned up the slope adjacent to I-691 and the playscape. Gotta do it before snow covers everything. This week I did the same on the steep slope below Castle Craig, where people have a habit of tossing over anything and everything. I found mostly bottles and cans, with a couple hats.

During the hike up, I noticed there is work going on at the south end of Merimere Reservoir such that they left the gate unlocked and open.

They also left tools lying around as if they were forgotten.

That's exactly where I found it.

I cleaned up both sides of the Orange Trail leading up to Castle Craig, in roughly an hour and a half. 

Hiking back to the park via the I-691 walkbridge, I found yet another padlock on the fencing. Now I KNOW someone is playing a game. I'm going to win, and it's going to cost them a lot of padlocks, unless they're stealing them.


Back at the park, I inspected to see if the parks department removed the stray ornament left in the tree.

Yes they did, but they left some wiring.


But that's not the only straggler. Seems they left all the lights on a Christmas Tree.


It's the tree across from the new beehive fountain.


And speaking of things that were left, while driving to Hubbard Park this morning I noticed someone had dumped a child seat at the small parking area across from Belmont Avenue. So after finishing my work in the park, I drove over to the spot and retrieved the child seat. From the date code it is not expired yet, and seems intact. I have already thrown the pad in the washing machine with detergent and Pine-Sol. I will give the frame a cleaning as well, then see if I can find a place to donate it.




No comments:

Post a Comment