Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Primo Hiking Weather Is Here



Visit #821, Saturday 28 September 13, 9:40-11:15AM, 3.5 miles.
Temps in the mid-60's, sunny.

Yeah, the leaves are dropping like a bad rumor. Temps are perfect and the sun is bright. Why aren't you out there?!

Having spent the last few weekends cleaning up the road sides to the Castle and West Peak, I had to get  my butt back onto the trails where it belongs. I covered most of the trails below the Castle. There were quite a few people out on the trails despite the relatively early hour.

I walked a clockwise loop from the parking lot, over I-691, on to the reservoir, and back via the soap box derby track. On the way, I trimmed back some thorn bushes which were encroaching upon the trails.

I spotted these various berries and thought they'd make colorful photographs:



Back at the parking lot, I deposited my bag for the week.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment