Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Fending Off Boredom


Just a few geese waiting for some free grub.

Visit #852, Sunday 2 March 14, 11:05AM-12:15PM, 2.9 miles.
Temps in the low 40's, cloudy.

The last few weeks have been spent policing trails covered in snow. Snow covered trails tend to dissuade people from hiking on them, so litter is not to be found. You'd think I'd be happy. Instead, I'm bored. I shouldn't complain...

So to fight the boredom of not finding litter on the trails, I stepped outside my boundaries this week and stayed within the park proper. I walked all the roads in Hubbard Park that were free of snow and picked up trash.


From the lower pond to the playground, the water treatment plant, the former greenhouse, and around Mirror Lake, I managed to rack up almost 3 miles in just over an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment