Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hurricane Arthur, Part II

Visit #884, Wednesday 16 July 14, 6:40-8:40PM, 4.8 miles.
Temps in the 80's, slightly humid.

Visit #885, Sunday 20 July 14, 4:05-6:30PM, 4.4 miles.
Temps in the 80's, dry and sunny.

During last Saturday's visit to Hubbard Park, I reported discovering two trees that had fallen across the Blue Trail in the aftermath of Hurricane Arthur. I returned to the trail on Wednesday to remove them.

This trail climbs the ridgeline on the western side of Merimere Reservoir. You can see the water in the background. I enlisted the help of some young hikers passing by in moving the pieces I cut as well as taking the photos. I picked up trash on Wednesday but due to camera problems, didn't photograph the bag when I was back at the parking lot. You can see the trash bag in the first photo.



With all the Hurricane Arthur disruptions taken care of, I chose Sunday to just meander the trails below Castle Craig, perform some trimming with my loppers, and pick up trash.

On the way over the I-691 walkbridge, I found the remaining flag attached to the fencing had been defiled and was torn, so I took it down.


I returned to the parking lot and dropped off my bag of trash for the week.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment