Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Deep Winter

Visit #1058, Saturday 4 February 17, 9:00-11:00AM, 4.8 miles.
Temps in the high 20's, sunny with a chilly wind.

Thanks to Paul Bernier for joining me this week, venturing out cold weather to help keep Hubbard Park clean.

In the deep of winter, I don't expect to find much trash in Hubbard Park. But I head out there weekly anyway; it keeps one from getting lazy.

And the LAST word I'd use to describe Paul Bernier would be "lazy", which is why he joined me despite the cold.

We walked the road from the park all the way around Merimere Reservoir. A section of the road has been in a state of collapse for many years. This year, it is scheduled for repair. If you view the photos in the newspaper article, you'll see gray paint on the Jersey barriers-THAT'S MINE! I painted over graffiti several years ago.

My only hope is the repair work includes maintaining the aesthetic of the original stone wall.


Paul and I walked the road all the way up to West Peak. No matter there was so little trash to be found; we enjoyed ourselves anyway, and we stopped long enough at West Peak to take a few photos of the view.




We returned to the parking lot, dropped off our trash for the week, and went back into hibernation.


No comments:

Post a Comment