Pages

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Hurdles


One of the many hurdles I had to clear today.

Visit #1064, Saturday 18 March 17, 1:20-2:40PM, 2.6 miles.
Temps in the low 40's, cloudy with snow showers predicted this evening.

During last week's adventures I discovered some graffiti at the north end of Merimere Reservoir, and spied some more closer to the park. This week I grabbed my graffiti obliteration kit and headed out today to do business.

I walked a short distance north on the road around Merimere Reservoir and stopped at the I-691 underpass. My first hurdle was over the snow to the concrete pillar underpining the overpass.


The gray patch on the right is previous work of mine. Now to add a twin.


Now that I look at the photo, I see graffiti on the pillar in the background as well. I must be slacking again, as usual. It'll have to wait for another day.

The road around the reservoir is not only closed for the season, it's closed because of road repairs being made. The pavement has been sinking for some time. The fix is to install a gabion and pave over it. I had to hurdle over the barrier to get to the other side. Here are a couple photos of the work in progress.



Of course, to take the photos I had to become one of those scofflaws that ignore the signage.

Reaching the north end of Merimere Reservoir, I had to overcome my next hurdle. The graffiti was buried behind the snow.


This provided some "natural editing" in that Trump no longer EATS farts; he just plain FARTS.

I engaged my inner archeologist and uncovered the rest of the graffiti.


Then I engaged the artistic, right hemisphere of my brain and did a little painting.


And that's the extent of the creativity you'll get out of me. I will say that while I was painting over this, a woman walked by and cheered my work. So maybe there's more creativity in me than I give myself credit for.

I turned around and re-hurdled and scofflawed my way back to the park, where I dropped off my trash for the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment