Pages

Monday, July 17, 2017

Simple


Visit #1088, Sunday 16 July 17, 4:15-5:45PM, 3.0 miles.
Temps in the 80's, sunny and dry.

I was on-call so today would be short and I'd be sticking close to the parking lot. I had to keep it simple.

I started walking on the trail behind the daffodils when I came upon this log in the middle of the trail. I'd previously cut this tree after it had fallen across the trail. It certainly wasn't stable when I originally rolled it off-trail, so it probably rolled back on its own. I moved it again.


Further on, I found this:



Looks like an um, quality product to me. From the photos on the package, can you guess who the intended customer base is? From my casual reading, this dope is probably used in a vaporizer, much like vaping nicotine.

I walked the trail to the parking area across from Belmont Avenue. Enroute I stopped to check on the flags on the I-691 walkbridge and discovered they both have been taken. From my records it happened within the past couple weeks.


At the Belmont Avenue trail entrance, I was reminded of a flag I'd seen a couple weeks ago but totally forgot about.


I saluted the flag, made an about-face, and started marching back to the park.

Nearing the northern parking lot, I came upon my Find of the Week.


I had no clue what it was.

My first guess-it was a sex toy. But I quickly discounted that. If it were, I would have recognized it immediately because uh, yeah; I saw one in a book once... ;-)

Then I thought it might be a medical instrument. Then I changed my mind; medical instruments would never be pink.

That's when I realized I was looking at my first selfie stick, although I had no clue how to use it.

I continued on, walking up the Soap Box Derby track. Nestled into some rocks I spied what I thought was the top of a coffee cup, but upon digging it out, discovered it was the smallest letterbox I've ever found in Hubbard Park.


I put it back for YOU to find.

I made a loop out of my walk and returned to the playscape to drop off my bag of trash for the week.
Simple as that.




No comments:

Post a Comment