Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2018

A Gloomy Day

Visit #1161, Sunday 7 October 18, 7:40-9:50AM, 2.4 miles.
Temps in the low 70's, reaching 80 today, cloudy and humid.

I stuck to the trails on south of I-691 today. No sooner did I pick up the trail across from Mirror Lake and between the lake and I-691, I noticed the Meriden Parks Department had recently removed a tree which I presume had fallen onto the open area. It was the chainsaw chips which caught my eye. The picture isn't that descriptive, but you get the idea. That's the base of the stump if you look closely.


Anyway, I hiked west on the trail to the West Main Street/Belmont Avenue parking area, picking up litter. At the small parking spot, I found what I presume to be a stolen Amazon package, which contained dog kibble. The thief must have been disappointed, or didn't own a dog.


I turned around at returned to the park via another trail.

It was while cleaning up the parking area at the northwest corner of Mirror Lake that I came upon my Find of the Week. Yes, I found them together.


So which came first-the condom or the pregnancy test? If you don't answer correctly, you'll have to retake your health class until you get it right. And in case you can't tell, the pregnancy test was negative. Phew!

I walked around the Soap Box Derby track and the retention ponds.

Hubbard Park's Christian graffiti artist is at it again. This is the 9th occurrence since September 2017.
I'll take care of it next week.


Part of the reason I started early this morning was, I hoped to finish my hike on the road while it was closed to traffic (it opens at 10AM) so I could scour both sides of the road without concern for cars. But this morning as I reached the road 25 minutes prior to the gate being unlocked, I found the gate already open and cars traveling to and fro. What gives? I got hosed!


Not having been run over by any vehicles, I returned to the parking lot and dropped off my bag of litter for the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment