Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Dreary


It was a dreary day indeed, but that didn't deter THIS person from venturing out to Hubbard Park.

Visit 1171, Sunday 16 December 18, 8:10-10:00AM, 4.2 miles.
Temps in the low 40's with light to moderate rain.

Saturday was cloudy and started rainy, but it dried out enough and was warm enough that I wasn't going to waste it; I went for a bike ride. I knew what I was getting into when that left Sunday for my weekly trip to Hubbard Park.

I walked a clockwise loop from the parking lot, and first thing I noticed was half the lights on the train display were not illuminated. (I couldn't get a photo to better capture the lights.)


Looking closer I see that all the lights were connected to one extension cord, and the junction wasn't exactly uh, waterproof. I'd like to meet the shoemaker that cobbled together that setup.


I wasn't going to touch that in the rain, especially since one leg of that 3-in-1 was live and powering some of the lights on the train.  Makes me wonder if the other displays are adequately protected from the rain.

A simple search on the interwebs results in many ways to protect extension cords in the rain, some of which DON'T COST A DIME, which I'm sure a municipality would enjoy hearing. Here's just one of them:


I moved on, over I-691 and covered all the trails below West Peak and Castle Craig. Nearing the Halfway House, I spied the tall standing, blond grass...



 and the first thing I thought of was...


I let out a "Rebel Yell", continued on and...

... found Season of the Missing Glove #3 for 2018/19.


At the south end of Merimere Reservoir I found the lock securing the gate is missing.


I usually check on it when I'm passing by but can't recall the last time I was aware it was there. In any event, it needs to be replaced.

I returned to a still empty parking lot and dropped off my trash for the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment