Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Trail Inspection


 After last week's rain and 50mph wind gusts, I was expecting to find some fallen trees, etc. across the trails. I wasn't disappointed.

Visit #1243, Saturday 18 April 20, 3:30-5:40PM, 5.1 miles, 10.9lbs. of litter.

Cloudy and clearing from rain, with temps in the 40's and a raw wind.

Friday night rain continued through much of Saturday but clearing in the mid-afternoon signaled it was time to get out on the trails and see what, if any, wind damage was done.

I reached the south end of Merimere Reservoir and found this sign posted on a tree.


I googled "Sour Stone Podcast" and came up empty. At least the price was reasonable.

I also found Season of the Missing Glove 2019/20 entries no.'s 16 and 17.




Reaching the Halfway House, I noticed some graffiti which needed attention. A little sandpaper and I called it good.





 Finally, just past the White Trail up to Castle Craig, I came upon the first evidence of storm damage.


Small stuff. I swung it aside.


I hiked the steep Blue Trail up to the road toward Castle Craig. At that altitude, there was still some snow from Friday/Saturday's preciptation, which was mostly rain at Meriden's lower elevations.


I picked up another trail which meanders down all the way to Merimere Reservoir.

On this trail I found what I was looking for.




That means next my next trip to Hubbard Park will be a Power Tool Weekend®! I still haven't inspected the remaining trails. That should occur in the coming weeks.

Down at Merimere Reservoir, the spillway was doing its job bleeding off the excess water due to the rain.


 Til' at least the end of the month; don't be like the daffodils; maintain a safe social distance.











No comments:

Post a Comment