Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2022

It's Confirmed: I AM An Artist!

 Visit #1357, Saturday 2 April 22, 7:45-11:15AM, 5.8 miles, 9.8lbs. of litter.

Temps in the mid-30's, rising to the 50's, sunny and very breezy.

In past blog posts I've made fun of my artistic skills, painting over graffiti such as this:



Well; it turns out my Neanderthal painting skills are highly under-rated.

My brother sent me this video explaining that painting over graffiti is an art unto itself.

The Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal from Matt McCormick on Vimeo.

So someday my graffiti cover ups could be considered works of art, and their value will skyrocket.

Move over, Mark Rothko!

However, other peoples' graffiti in Hubbard Park is not so pretty.

Yeah; I have my detractors.

This was spotted by an enthusiastic hiker and follower of my blog (And you dear reader, thought you were the only one!), and they will try their own hand at making graffiti cover-up art. I'll show the results when I receive them.

When I started this week's walk up the road around Merimere Reservoir I noticed the State of Connecticut has been working on the I-691 overpass, as shown by the amount of concrete shards falling down below onto the road toward the reservoir.

Someone alerted me to the fact that the high winds of last week might have brought down some trees or branches within the park and I should keep my eyes open. Sure enough, I found one, and cleaned it up.



Yes, it was another Pole Saw Weekend® as I continue trimming roadside branches.


I made good progress today, almost reaching Echo Point, just beyond the view of the photo.

Done, I walked the road up to East/West Peaks and hiked the trails down toward the Halfway House.

Nearby I did find more wind damage, in the form of a broken tree branch. The pole saw came in handy removing this branch.



Down near Merimere Reservoir, I found a fallen birch tree, which means next weekend will be another Power Tool Weekend®!


And then I found Season of the Missing Glove 2021/22, Entry #15, the Warmer Weather Edition.


I returned to the parking lot and dropped off my litter for the weekend.


Feel free to contact me to commission a custom piece of art for YOU before
my prices go through the roof!







No comments:

Post a Comment