Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Hazards of the Job

 

The least hazardous thing that happened to me Sunday; enjoying the view of Merimere Reservoir.

Visit #1375, Sunday 10 July 22, 6:50-10:45AM, 5.4 miles, 4.8 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the mid-60s, pleasantly dry and sunny. Where's the heat and humidity?

Just another week trimming the roadside to East/West Peak. What could possibly go wrong?


I picked up where I left off last time, near the sharp bend at the bottom of the hill. I felt I made good progress distance-wise, of a few hundred feet.

My allotted hour for trimming was in its final minute. One last group of saplings and I'm done.

There's this pesky fly buzzing around my head and he won't go away. So I swat at him.

Mistake. T'wasn't a pesky fly; it was a hornets' nest and my head was a mere foot or two away from it, hidden in that group of saplings!


I moved faster than a colonoscopy prep and yes; I got stung.

See if you can spot the nest in the photo. I sure know where it is NOW!


Fortunately I was able to laugh that off and continue on.

Back down on the Green Trail, I found a newly fallen hemlock tree. That means next week will be a thrill-packed Power Tool Weekend®. I should heal by then.





No comments:

Post a Comment