Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2022

A Friend, With Benefits

 Despite last Sunday's torrential rain which delivered upwards of five inches of rain, its impact on the drought was minimal. The Merimere Reservoir alligator would agree. It was still dry enough on Saturday that I was able to walk through the two spillways at the north end of the reservoir and pick up litter.

Visit #1385, Saturday 10 September 22, 6:40-9:00AM, 4.8 miles, 2.8 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 50s to start, rising to the upper 60s by hike's end, mostly sunny.

I brought my friend  Mr. Chainsaw this week to remove a fallen tree I discovered a couple weeks ago. I found much more use for it than I expected.

I parked outside the north end of Hubbard Park and hiked in under cool temps.

Reaching the trail, I soon met this group of leaning trees and with the chainsaw handy, decided to remove them before they hung even lower.


I soon reached the fallen tree which prompted my Power Tool Weekend®.


The rest of this trail was clear. Its notable feature are the long ago abandoned vehicles.


At the trailhead I followed the road from West Peak toward East Peak and picked up another trail I hadn't been on in many months.

Good thing I did; I found a couple fallen trees in need of some chain sawin'.





Having my chainsaw along for the ride today was pleasingly productive. Next week will be a Polesaw Weekend®!






No comments:

Post a Comment