Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Who Stole My Thunder?

 Visit #1467, Sunday 25 February 24, 7:15-9:25AM, 4.8 miles, 1.6 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 20s and rising through the 30s, sunny and comfortable.

Talking to a reader of my blog, we discussed dog owners who bag their dog's poop then toss the bags anywhere but where they should properly be disposed of.

I myself find a lot of dog poop bags in Hubbard Park. This week I took a count.






All those just between the parking lot and the water treatment plant.

I'm just grateful people don't walk their elephants in Hubbard Park.

At the south end of Merimere Reservoir, while it appears whatever contract work was being done is complete and the equipment and vehicles are gone, the gate is still unlocked. 


I'm done assuming some official person will secure the gate, so I did the deed myself.


My mission this week was to remove a tree which had fallen across the trail, which I found last week, but when I arrived I discovered it had already been cut.


Not only that, but further up the trail they did the same.


Although at this second tree they did not pass my inspection so I performed some rework to clean it up.


I'm curious as to who did this and their motivation. Will I be out of a job?

Bringing the chainsaw with me today wasn't a total waste; as I walked down the road from East/West Peak, I found a fallen tree which was encroaching into the road, so I trimmed it back.



Rounding out today's fun; I found two pieces of winter wear which are good enough to wash and bring to Goodwill.






No comments:

Post a Comment