Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

That Was Quick



Early morning sun casts the shadow of South Mountain onto East Peak.

Visit #999, Saturday 30 January 16, 7:20-9:20AM, 4.9 miles.
Temps in the 20's, mostly sunny.

As you can see from the photo above, last week's 8-14 inch snowfall didn't stick around long. The trails still had snow so I didn't expect much foot traffic and therefore much trash to be found on them, so this week I chose to walk the road to West Peak instead and pick up trash along the roadside.

The broken lock I reported last week at the south end of Merimere Reservoir hasn't been replaced yet.


I found the linchpin elsewhere on the ground.


It won't take long before someone can't resist lobbing it onto now, mostly frozen Merimere Reservoir.

I left the gate open as an incentive for the Meriden Parks Department to put a lock on the gate soon. I slipped the linchpin back into the holes. I'll notify them as well.


A bit up the road I found this collection of nip bottles as you see them. I have to wonder whether they drank all five at one time or added to the collection on a daily basis.



The rest of my hike went relatively quickly and was more enjoyable that last week's chilling winds.
I returned to the park and dropped off my trash for the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment