Pages

Monday, July 30, 2018

Fun With Power Tools


On Friday I took a mountain bike ride up to West Peak to address some graffiti I could not tend to last week.


My wire brush wasn't working well on it, so I covered it with grey spray paint. I looks better than the photo implies.


On Sunday, I set out on my weekly activities in Hubbard Park to avoid the warm, humid weather, and to be home in time to watch the final stage of the 2018 Tour de France.

I had my chainsaw with me today to remove a couple trees which had fallen across various trails.

I quickly picked up enough litter that I decided to leave the bag at the water treatment plant.


Moseying up the trails, I came my Find of the Week.


This LED is smaller than your pinky finger, and it powered by a watch battery. I assume the metal tab is for a lanyard. I had no idea how to turn it off.

Further up the Yellow Trail I ran into my first objective.



Sadly, this fallen tree has a trail marker on it.


I moved on the Castle Craig and did something rare for me; I climbed the Castle, and took in the view of Hartford. Hartford can be seen in the left of the photo.


While cleaning up the Castle Craig parking lot, parks worker Rob Zebora stopped by, to raise the flag to full mast; it had been displayed at half mast because of the recent death of an enlisted Air Force sergeant.

Rob offered to take my trash bag from me, which was a no-brainer for me. Thanks, Rob!


As I left the Castle Craig parking lot, I spied a fallen branch on the roadside which was an eyesore, so I gave it some attention.



Shortly, I reached the trail where I had more tree clearing work.



I was surprised to find another fallen branch, which wasn't there a week ago.



Slightly further along this trail, I passed over power tools and took to a shovel to remove a berm created by mountain bikers. The berm is designed to enable mountain bikes to catch air.


The picture doesn't capture the profile of this berm, but the After photo shows.


I reached the end of the trail and walked the road around Merimere Reservoir back to the parking lot.

Enroute, I found somebody's discarded Suboxone packet.


Back at the parking lot, I dropped off my last bag of litter and dashed home to watch the Tour de France.




No comments:

Post a Comment