Pages

Monday, April 29, 2019

Weather Dictates


The weekend's gloomy weather impacted everything, including the Daffodil Festival and my weekly activities in Hubbard Park.

Visit #1190, Saturday 27 Apr 19, 5:10-6:40PM, 3.3miles, 16.3lbs. of litter.
Temps in the low 50's, cloudy with blustery winds.

Sorry for the late post; Friday night's thunderstorms disabled my internet, and it took until Monday afternoon for Frontier Communications to restore my internet service.

Besides affecting my internet, the weekend rain put a damper on attendance at the Daffodil Festival, and dictated when and what I could accomplish in Hubbard Park this weekend. Since Sunday's forecast was worse, I chose to venture out on Saturday.

To avoid the crowds, I parked outside the north end of Hubbard Park and hiked in to the north end of Merimere Reservoir. The amount of water breaching the spillway was impressive.


Due to the weather and early darkness because of the clouds, I kept this week's activities relatively brief. I walked the road up toward Castle Craig, planning to reach all the way to the parking lot. But when I reached the turn to East Peak, the road was cordoned off with tape.


I already had a heavy bag of trash (10lbs.) so I left it, hoping someone would take the initiative and pick up the bag when they removed the tape.


While tying up the bag, I noticed Hubbard Park's bible verse graffiti vandal has come out of hibernation with entry #13.


I turned around, and walked down the road back toward the reservoir, focusing my attention on the opposite side of the road for litter.

I made it back to the car without getting rained on.


No comments:

Post a Comment