Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Following The Art Trail


The trail pops with color after Friday night's rain.

Visit #1247, Saturday 16 May 20, 6:00-8:30AM, 5.4 miles, 15.3lbs. of litter.
Temps in the high 50's, sunny.

After finding a number of "artisan" rocks and cute signs last week on the trails on the south side if I-691, I suspected I might find more if I ventured farther out onto the trails.

So on last Tuesday I rode my mountain bike on those trails to see if I'd find anything.

I encountered an art show.





Here's the mountain bike view.


I also found "Colorado'd" Tree, Hubbard Park version,  #19. Sorry for the blurry photo. Someone has to be pretty cruel to damage trees like this one.


I had a busy schedule on Saturday so I started my hike very early. Call me Cruella de Vil, but I removed all the painted rocks and signs to retain a clean, woodsy nature of the trails.

I reached the Colorado'd tree and used a limbing saw to remove it.



Further along the main trail, between the Halfway House and Merimere Reservoir, I found a fallen tree  just a tad too large for my limbing saw. That means next weekend will be a Power Tool Weekend®!


Face masks continue to be a frequent find. I picked up at least half a dozen on Saturday.




I returned to the park with my trash. My Find of the Week was the metal front panel from a very old TV set. As I said last week, someone is finding this junk off-trail and placing it were I will likely find it.


Here's a parting suggestion: Early morning at Merimere Reservoir is the ideal place to pitch a chair and read the newspaper...


No comments:

Post a Comment