Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Bored?

 Visit #1270, Sunday 27 September 20, 7:40-9:30AM, 2.8 miles, 13.3lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 60's, mostly cloudy with very high humidity.

I shouldn't be sweating this time of year, especially with temps in the 60's Sunday morning, but the air was unusually saturated, and it created a dripping sweat off my cap.

After many weeks of clearing trees from the trails due to storm damage, I  returned to trails I hadn't touched since that trail clearing began. At first it felt boring and routine, but after about 30 minutes the dullness disappeared and I fell into a familiar groove. I felt at home.

This week I scouted the trails on the south side of I-691 for litter and whatnot. Not having been here in many weeks, I found a lot, and I was glad to get on top of it.



Now you don't even need your smartphone to get on Facebook; just check the local rocks, even the tiniest of rocks.

On the return trip from the trails near West Main Street, I cleaned up the parking area in the northwest corner of Mirror Lake and found this wine glass with some wise advice on it, slightly early for the holidays.

 Nearby I found this large bag of dog kibble. No idea who would carry so much kibble with them. I emptied the kibble onto the trail for some lucky dogs to find, and took the bag. Yeah, I'm a dog lover.


I walked a loop around the Soap Box Derby track and the retention ponds, collecting enough litter that I saw little reason to spend more time. It was a successful outing and I was not bored.


No comments:

Post a Comment