Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Avoiding Catastrophe



In the far distance (is that redundant?!), some hikers walk the road down from East/West Peak. The parking lot was packed with people on the trails and elsewhere in Hubbard Park today.

 Visit #1288, Sunday 17 January 21, 10:20AM-12:35PM, 4.5 miles, 15.2lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low 40's, mostly cloudy and very breezy.

Last week I reported the passing of my old computer and my scramble to replace it so that I could publish the blog in a timely fashion.

Things went wonderfully for that first post on the new iMac.

Then the poop went sideways, as they say. I was without a working computer for all of last week as I worked with Apple Tech Support and the people at the Apple Store at West Farms Mall to sort out the problems with my new computer.

Apple Tech Support said my hard drive had failed, while the tech at the Apple Store said he couldn't find anything wrong with my new iMac. I still couldn't recover my old files; blog posts, photos, financial info, the works, despite everything being backed up to another hard drive.

I solved my problem just in time for this week's post, avoiding catastrophe.

While walking was very comfortable for this January day as temps were in the 40's, there was a stiff breeze which made its rule known at higher, exposed elevations.

I reached West Peak and followed the road to the Blue Trail and back down toward the Halfway House.

Crawling through the woods to grab a beer can, I came upon my Find of the Week, this ancient windshield wiper.


Further along the way I found Season of the Missing Glove Entries #9 and 10 (a mitten for all you sticklers for accuracy).



I dropped off my trash for the week and went home to a working computer to complete my blog post.

2 comments:

  1. Was wondering if the wiper might be from the Volkswagen that now lies in a rocky grave near the 691 walk bridge.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No; I found it way up by West Peak, of all places, and near the road, too!

      Delete