Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Avoidance

 

There was no avoiding the heat and humidity of the current heatwave regardless of how early I started my hike.

Visit #1377, Saturday 23 July 22, 6:15-9:30AM, 5.2 miles, 4.7 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 70s, rising to the 90s with very high humidity.

I wanted to start very early to avoid as much of the heat and humidity as possible and for sheepish, macho bragging rights, but I missed my goal by 15 minutes. 6:15AM; that's for late risers!

But early morning starts to reveal some interesting things, such as explaining some of the trash spread around Hubbard Park. It's an All You Can Eat Buffet for these guys. Every trash can in the park I spied had litter furry diners.

As the drought continues, more of the Merimere Alligator continues to be revealed, while a duck rests on his back.

This was a week for more roadside trimming, and fortunately the tree canopy on the road helped keep the temperature down.

While trimming, I made sure to avoid the hornets' nest I nearly bumped into two weeks ago.

After an hour of trimming, I returned to the trails and back to the park and continued to enjoy the benefits of the shade.

By finishing early, I was able to avoid missing the penultimate stage of the Tour de France.



No comments:

Post a Comment