Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Findings

 

Although seasonably warm, it was much more comfortable than last week's humidity. The view south toward Sleeping Giant was an early morning treat.

Visit #1378, Saturday 30 July 22, 7:00-9:55AM, 5.4 miles, 14.4 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the low to mid-70s with mild humidity, sunny.

On my walk around Merimere Reservoir this morning I continue to find the alligator growing as the local drought continues.

The reservoir's waters were calm. Nice cloud reflection off the surface.

Up at West Peak I cleaned up the parking lot and local trails. Unfortunately, I found a vandalized Blue Trail marker.


On the trail down, I found a dog harness hanging on a tree. I called the phone number on the rabies vaccination tag and asked the firm to contact the owner, if they wanted the harness/tag back. Haven't heard anything yet.


Reaching the walkbridge over I-691 I found some new graffiti, which I was able to remove.



This other graffiti I found will require a special trip, which I figure will be in two week's time. Looks like the same tag as the grease pencil above, except in spray paint.


The trail back to the park was shady and cool.


Cleaning up the dirt parking area in the corner of Mirror Lake, I found this stuffed toy. I wonder if I can catch monkey pox from it?At least I THOUGHT it looked like a monkey. Then I realized monkeys aren't purple, so I'm pretty sure I'm safe.


My Find of the Week were these rags I found at various locations today. I'm running out of old t-shirts to cut up for my various projects, and I was getting close to walking around bare-chested; something you wouldn't want to see in your scariest nightmares! 

A couple of the rags were microfiber; good for car waxing. I'll toss 'em in the wash then add them to my stash.




No comments:

Post a Comment