Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2024

A Broken Heart

 


The person who continues to defile the trails by painting rocks and writing on trees will experience a broken heart.

At the beginning of March, I mentioned this trail problem and said it would be the only time I would present updates to you.

I have changed my mind.

Visit #1470, Sunday 17 March 24, 6:55-9:25AM, 5.0 miles, 6.7 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 40s, cloudy.

By keeping you updated on this person's activity, perhaps I can bring pressure or action to stop this vandal or get them help for their psychological problems.

Like Jack Reacher, I've done this before (1:27 in the video).

Hang on for the ride. Here's a sample of what I've found recently.

Rest assured; I cover over or remove whatever I find.



Kind of ironic since this person is painting the trees themselves.


This tree has repeatedly seen such artwork; they even bother to replace the nails I remove. Strange obsession.

During last week's hike, I found that Hubbard Park's current serial vandal has taken to unsanctioned, unattractive marking of a trail.



I planned to hike this trail on Sunday and cover these marks.

To reach the trail, I had to cross the brook which was knee deep in rushing water last week.


What a difference a week makes!


Hiking the trail and covering the white circles with camoflage paint, I forgot to take After photos.

By my count, I PAINTED OVER 176 OF THOSE WHITE CIRCLES.

Also found along that trail today were two fallen trees. I will remove them in the next two weeks.



Also today, I found Season of the Missing Glove 2023/24 Entries #7 and 8.



This week I also found garden variety graffiti and stickers, all of which I removed.




The slightly blurry sticker refers to Zenleaf, a marijuana store with a branch in Meriden. Another hiker commented to me the smell of marijuana is now commonplace in Hubbard Park.


I also performed some garden variety trail maintenance, trimming back this brush which was leaning into the trail.



And about that broken heart...






No comments:

Post a Comment