Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Going Public

Let's get the boring stuff out of the way.

Visit #1468, Sunday 3 March 24, 7:10-9:30AM, 4.1 miles, 9.2 lbs. of litter.

Temps in the 30s, rapidly rising to the low 60s, sunny after a day and night of rain.

For the past few years, beginning roughly a couple years before Covid, I've been running a covert op, trying to keep some ne'er do well from sullying the trails with scribblings on trees, painted rocks, and cute little signage nailed to trees. I've not said anything publicly because I believe this person is active on the internet and quite possibly is aware of my blog. I've changed my mind, but just this once.

This blog entry will be the ONLY time I mention them and their activity, until conditions change.

The golden rule of hiking is, "Leave No Trace" as espoused by these two organizations:

ONE

TWO

Basically; Don't write on trees, paint rocks, or nail cute signs to trees. Oh, and pick up any litter.

This person follows the rules of Anti-Leave No Trace.

I've already removed a great number of signs, and painted over a similar number of eyesores yet the problem continues. I will stay the course however.

This week was no different. Here's a taste.


Obviously, this person has a chip on their shoulder regarding me. I cover over or remove what I can.


The tape around the trees is removed by me.


One thing I do know about this person is, they don't excel at spelling. But then ne'er do wells are never an intelligent bunch.


I suspect they are hoping to pin the graffiti on me by scribbling things like this on trees.








Did you know I'm an a$$hole AND a jerk?







These painted rocks had pink hearts underneath. The key word is "had".





Read this closely (it's disgusting) and you'll see yet another misspelling.



One thing I can say about them is, they are persistent, but then again, so is Vladimir Putin.

So far I've cataloged roughly 300 instances of this defiling of the trails in opposition to the rules of Leave No Trace.

I will continue to fight the good fight, as good will always triumph over evil.

On to today's fun.

Among today's finds were these two ziplock bags, found on a log just as you see them.

The contents included this collection of cheapo electronic devices.


...and a coupon folder.

I found this popular brand Turtle Fur neck gaiter hanging from this tree branch. I retrieved it, and will add it to the scarf and hat I recently collected, and all three will make their way to Goodwill. I actually had the scarf and beanie in my car and planned to drop them off at Goodwill after leaving Hubbard Park this morning, but with the Turtle Fur addition I decided to wait until I wash the neck gaiter then I'll deliver all three at once.








No comments:

Post a Comment