Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Halloween Edition


Visit #979, Saturday 24 October 15, 7:30-9:25AM, 4.1 miles.
Temps in the 30's; mostly sunny, with clouds forming.

I had a plan today but won't discuss it since in practice, it didn't work out. I'll wait until the project is finished to reveal all.

I was on-call so I couldn't stray far. I started at the gate and walked the road all the way to the north end of Merimere Reservoir, collecting trash as I went. I carried a full complement of trail tools because earlier trips up the road revealed some trash snarled in thorn bushes along the roadside. I cut as needed to retrieve it.

My Find of the Week was the wheel trim ring you see in the photo.



Slightly off topic: I hope you're prepared for Halloween. This being my first Halloween as a homeonwer, I get to give out candy. I may have gone too far. First, I bought candy that I would like because if I don't hand all of it out, what would I do with the leftovers?

So I ordered Hersheys snack-sized Chocolate bars and full-size Hersheys Special Dark bars. I bought in bulk; 6lbs. / 200pcs. of the regular chocolate and 3 dozen / 3lbs. of Special Dark bars. Except I mistakenly clicked on the Special Dark bars TWICE! So I've got 12lbs. of candy. I keep performing "quality control" on each type to ensure their freshness but if I keep it up, it won't last until next Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment