Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

In Search Of Graffiti


Visit #977, Saturday 10 October 15, 7:30-10:30AM, 5.2 miles.
Temps in the low 50's, sunny and dry.

Fortunately, Friday's rain moved out early enough to allow sufficient drying so I could paint.

I'd been walking the road from the park to Castle Craig or West Peak for so many consecutive weeks. During those weeks I spied some relatively new graffiti which needed attention, so walk the road again it would be.

In picking up trash along the way I acquired a piece of tire tread which was too heavy to cart all day, so I made an early drop off of my first trash bag at the water treatment plant.


With the sun rising later and later, you get to catch a glimpse of South Mountain casting a shadow on the western slope of Merimere Reservoir. The fall colors don't disappoint despite the dry summer.


Now it was on to some real work.

At the spillway at the north end of Merimere Reservoir, I covered over the new taggings.





This tag spells "bomb" but what the other characters mean, I have no idea.


I defused the bomb.


Still on the road but much closer to Castle Craig,  I attacked some more graffiti.





These last two pieces were on a trailhead well off from the roadside, and reported to me earlier by a local hiker.




Done with art class, I headed over I-691 and back to the park, where I deposited my second bag of trash.


Next week, I channel my inner Norm Abram.

No comments:

Post a Comment