Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

In Before The Lock

I have to sneak in one more post before 2017 times out.


Hubbard Park on New Year's Eve Day. It was as cold as it looks.

Sunday, 31 December 17, 1:50-2:40PM, 3.8 miles.
Temps in the teens with wind chills in the single digits.

A 1-2" snowfall on Saturday scuttled plans to pick up litter in a particular area, so just a cold, short hike it would be.

I walked the trails toward the walkbridge over I-691. Just when I thought I'd find no trash or something needing upkeep, I spied some graffiti which needed my love.


I once had a boss who would say to me sarcastically, "So Peter, what have you done today to justify your existence?"

I thought about that when I saw the graffiti, and felt by sanding it out I had justified my existence in Hubbard Park for this week.


It was definitely cold out there, if this brook is any indication.


 If this keeps up maybe there will be skating in Hubbard Park.

And despite the cold, people still enjoy the outdoors, judging by the number of footprints.


Since my time on the trails was short, I walked some of the roads in Hubbard Park and managed to pick up a smattering of litter.


Of course, a Happy 2018 to all, and I'll end with my annual offer: If you want to be removed from my e-mail notification list when new posts are up, drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment