Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Learning A Lesson



I found this card at the Halfway House on Saturday. Who knew that Trivial Pursuit had a Sex Edition?! Also, it goes to show there's always something interesting to see in Hubbard Park.


 No skipping ahead- the answer is at the end of this blog post, so read your way through to see how uh, "smart" you are!

Visit #1178, Saturday 2 February 19, 12:40-3:10PM, 3.3 miles, < 1lb. of trash.
Temps in the low 30's, sunny.

I returned to Hubbard Park this week properly equipped with a chainsaw, to deal with all the fallen trees and branches from the recent ice storm. Had I not been so lazy and brought it last week, I would have been ahead of the game. That'll teach me a lesson.

So I planned to schlep my chainsaw on the exact same route I hiked last week, seeking to eradicate what fell across the trail.

It all started innocently enough. The first one was easy.


I had to remove that leaning sapling too; it wasn't going to square away its posture problems on its own.


 Shortly after this, I turned right, and upwards, toward East Peak and a couple smaller trees which succumbed to last week's ice storm. Remember these?


Well, so did I, and I was prepared to make fast work of them. That is, until Mother Nature decided to teach me a lesson for being such a slacker last week.

She decided to add to my fun sometime during the week.


I spent the next hour and a half or so trying to undo this. At one point I made a critical cut with my chainsaw. Look where the tree wound up.


The entire trunk rolled down the slope and swung 90 degrees, stopping dead smack in the middle of the trail. Watching something that large roll was fun, especially since I wasn't in its way!

I ran my chainsaw out of fuel cleaning up the area, so I'll have to return next week to finish the job. But at least it's passable.



 I shagged myself over I-691 and back to the park to drop of my bag of trash for the week.


And now, for what you've all been waiting for, the answer to the Trivial Pursuit Sex Edition question!











No comments:

Post a Comment